Friday, July 12, 2013

Kitchen Painting

So we painted the Kitchen.....I hate our kitchen but it looks a bit better now. I think I can manage cooking in it. Chris painted the top cabinets white. (Simply White - Benjamin Moore)  and it made a huge difference. I painted the walls an off white. (White Dove - Benjamin Moore) and that helped to. We were stuck on the bottom cabinets though. Paint them white? That would be a little too white and maybe to clinical for a kitchen since we do not have beautiful cabinets. If we had gorgeous wood cabinets I would be all for an all white kitchen but not in this scenario.  Looking at a few pictures and inspirations online, we saw some kitchens with black bottom cabinets.......Drastic? yes. We took a leap of faith and used the same black paint that we used on the front door and tested it out. Welp its black or ....black. At this point I just wanted to be done with painting.

 

I had the Friday after July 4th off and went to town painting the bottom cabinets. 4 COATS PEOPLE 4 COATS and I still have little tiny patches that need a few more coats but whatever. Black paint is the worst and I officially retire painting.

 

The outcome

photo 4

 

I think it looks better than before and I think there is more continuity now with the floors. Not a big fan but its a bit better than before. We are going to add silver hardware to every cabinet to match the stainless steel.

No comments:

Post a Comment