Tuesday, February 19, 2013

New Job!

I have been with my current job for over a year. I started here when I moved to STL. I loved it at the beginning, but now I needed a change. I needed something more challenging! After giving it a lot of thought and after going through many unfortunate changes here at the office I dusted off my résumé and sent it out to everyone and prayed and hoped for responses.

Last week. I had 3 interviews one after the other. An interview with a very large major firm. An interview with a medium size firm in the same building I am in now and an interview with a small firm closer to me.

On top of having to prep myself for interviews I had to make sure no one at work knew! I did tell a few people for when something were to slip out but they had hunches before I even told them. I was walking on eggshells everyday in my best heels crossing my fingers I would not trip!!!

comic_9_6_07_peopleskills

I received offers from all the firms and I had to weigh my options.

Firm # 1

Very large firm. Great benefits. A shorter commute to work. Same are of work I am in now. My only con was my interviewers seemed cold and dry. Hmmmm could I work in that kind of environment??

Firm # 2

Medium size firm. Okay Benefits. The interviewers seemed very friendly and nice. Same are of work I am in now. My only con was I would be in the same building  just a few floors down.

Firm # 3

Smaller size firm. Okay Benefits. The interviewers seemed very friendly and nice. Same are of work I did in CA. My only con was did I want to go back to working in a small firm and give up the big firm perks???

I had lots of thinking to do and very little time. I ultimately accepted the offer from the smaller firm. I chose the smaller firm because I knew it would be more challenging because it was the area of law I worked on in CA. It  would be interesting too. Also I think I like working in a more intimate environment with leeway as oppose to a Corporate environment where everything is by the books.

I gave my two-week notice already and my last day is February 28th. I start my new job on March 4th! I'm excited for this new change. Change is good!

Goodbye Downtown STL. Hello Clayton.

job_interview2

No comments:

Post a Comment