Tuesday, February 5, 2013

One Year Older One Year Wiser

Another year older, another year wiser. I can't believe another birthday has gone by. I can't believe this is my second birthday here in Saint Louis!!!!!  I still pinch myself.

My birthday weekend was absolutely lovely. Started off with me time on Saturday, family time and Superbowl fun on Sunday and of course I took the day off from work Monday because who wants to work on their actual birthday??? Not me that's for sure!

photo 4 (3)

I had the pleasure of enjoying a nice breakfast and coffee at the Mud House. I told Chris I wanted coffee in a mug with a fancy design on top! My one and only request for my birthday (I am so easy-going) haha. My coffee was delicious and I also had the Veggie Sandwich and that was delicious too!. This place is a true gem shining away on the corner on Cherokee Street! I am so happy we came here.  They have amazing reviews on Yelp, so add them to your "Places to drink fancy coffee" list.

photo 5 (3) 6613654637_a41f878f23_b

BUTT WAIT THERE IS MORE!!!.....My big present for my birthday was ..........drum roll please..........A BIKE!!!!!!!!!! I wanted a bike for so long. I wanted a bike in CA, I wanted a bike when we moved here. I complained about not having a bike here and in CA.  I became pretty annoying about the bike thing. Why didn't I get onE? because I did not want to spend the money on one and I didn't know much about bikes either.

Welp my annoying-ness paid off and Chris got me a bike, better yet he got me the bike days before my birthday and put it together in the garage and gave it to me a day early and not several days. This was truly amazing because he can't keep a gift a secret and he always shops the day of or the day before NEVER several days before! Double score!

I am now the proud owner of a gorgeous white and teal Scott trail bike!!! I love her!

photo 1 (6)

 

My seat still needs to be lowered a bit because my pudgy short legs still  tip toe  the floor. I am so excited to ride it around the neighborhood and to Forest Park! I am even more excited to get cute bike accessories!

Also a birthday weekend would not be complete if there wasn't magical snow flurries falling to the ground!

photo 2 (6)

Just breathtaking. It gets me every time! I still think its unreal that I live in an area where it snows and it looks like this afterwards!

2 comments:

  1. Your pictures are beautiful. Happy belated Birthday again. I sooo miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] One Year Older One Year Wiser (twentysomethingnotes.wordpress.com) [...]

    ReplyDelete