Friday, January 4, 2013

2013

I cannot believe it is already 2013. As everyone likes to say, this year flew by so quickly!!!! I also can't believe I have lived in Saint Louis for 1 full year, 1 full year people!!! It still has not sunk in that this is my home. Many things still feel foreign to me but hey maybe this year that will improve.

One thing I have a hate and love relationship with out here is the snow. It is absolutely gorgeous when it snows and you see the snow flakes falling, masking everything in sight with white. I love when it snows. I hate being cold though. This is partly because I have not purchased proper snow attire to wear . I do not like having my car door frozen shut and I can hear the ice breaking as I open it. I do not like being cold in the snow. That is my only complaint other than that I wish It would snow all the time There is something truly magical about it when it happens.

I have not set any New Year resolutions yet. Lets be real, how many people actually reach their resolution goals? I sure as heck do not so I will be practical and set mini goals. First one being to get the house together so I can have people over for breakfast and tea and have mini parties. I want to have a Dance Central smack down with Chris's niece and nephew. That is another thing, we just purchased Dance Central for X-box and I LOVE IT!! Also everyone should start watching New Girl staring Zooey Deschanel. The show is absolutely hysterical and Jess is my new role model now!

Here as some of the things we have accomplished so far on the house.

photo 2

My lovely 8ft Fraser Fir Christmas Tree. I made the tree skirt, it was one of my projects!

photo 3

We finally painted the front door black. It looks so much better than the green.

photo 1 (2)

This coffee table was my second DIY project after the tree skirt. I bought it off Craigslist along with a sofa table that matches it for only $25. It sat in the basement for a few weeks until I finally got around to purchasing Chalk Paint. I bought CeCe Caldwell's Chalk paint and painted over this sucker. I didn't need to sand or strip or prep anything. This is the before.....

photo 3 (2)

And this is the after! I think it turned our pretty good considering I never refurnished a piece of furniture in my whole life. The color is Vintage White and I am very happy with it. The whole thing cost me about $75 to do which I think is justifiable considering a coffee table of this size and weight runs about $300. Yay go me!!

photo 2 (2)

Lastly I leave you with this image. This is a shot of our street on the left side. This was during the first real snow fall this year. The snow makes the neighborhood looks so magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment